This postcard states, "Here in 1775 glassworks were erected by seven Stanger brothers. workmen from the Wistar works. In 1781. Col. Thomas Heston and Thomas Carpenter became the owners. Under their successors, the business was carried on until about 1824."
Help support the project:
The Glassboro Memory Mapping Project is made possible through the kindness of our community volunteers. Please contact us to contribute information or to help with the project.