This image shows the Glassboro State College through a view of Bunce Hall.
The Glassboro State College was previously named the Glassboro Normal School in 1923 and the State Teachers College in 1937. The name was changed to the Glassboro State College in 1958. During this time as Glassboro State College, Lynden B. Johnson met with Aleksei Kosygin at the Hollybush Mansion for a Summit in 1967. Glassboro State also went through further development, adding new majors and increasing enrollment even more. The name was then changed to Rowan College of New Jersey in 1992, when Henry Rowan donated $100 million to the college.
Help support the project:
The Glassboro Memory Mapping Project is made possible through the kindness of our community volunteers. Please contact us to contribute information or to help with the project.