This building was located at the corner of High Street and Poplar Street. The building was built in 1912 as the Glassboro Public High School. The name was carved over the main entrance. The building was sold to St. Bridget's Church in 1947 and used as a private elementary school. This photograph was likely taken sometime in the mid to late 1950s. (Notice the cross above the main entrance and the car to the left of the photo. Earlier photos show younger trees. In 1971 a new Catholic School was built behind this building. It was demolished the same year.
Please see the following links for more photos and information on Glassboro High School.
Help support the project:
The Glassboro Memory Mapping Project is made possible through the kindness of our community volunteers. Please contact us to contribute information or to help with the project.